Prof.ª Dr.ª Haula Haider
1992 – Degree in Medicine - Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon
1999 – Completion of Otolaryngology (ENT) Internship - Hospital Pulido Valente (Final Grade: 18 points)
2019 – Degree of Doctor in Medicine in Specialty of Otorhinolaryngology with the thesis: Tinnitus, Biomarkers and Quality of life in an older Portuguese Population.
ENT medical consultant at Hospital Cuf Tejo. Lisbon. Since 2000.
2000 - Responsible for Tinnitus consultation
2017 - Supervisor of Dr Ana Campos, ENT trainee of the 2nd year of specialization at Hospital Cuf Infante Santo.
2014 to 2018 – Co-Chair of clinical Working Group (WG) and Outcome WG member - MC Meeting TINNET - http://tinnet.tinnitusresearch.net
2020 – ENT Guest Assistant Teacher – Nova Medical School
2017 – Member of Jury at Master’s Examination of the licensed Mariana Aparício with the Thesis: Presbycusis patterns in the Portuguese population: association and identification with genetic and epidemiological factors. At FCUL.
2020 – Co-Guest Editor of Special Issue "Tinnitus Subtyping"
2021 – Guest Editor for Hear and Hearing and Frontiers in Neurology
1998 – 3rd PRYZE “POSTERS” “Rosai-Dorfmann disease, concerning two cases”
1999 – 1st PRYZE - Review Articles Award with: "TINNITUS - A NEW THERAPEUTICAL SOLUTION?". Journal of the Portuguese Society of Otolaryngology and CFS, June 1998, Vol 36, nº 2, p.83-92.
1999 – 1st PRYZE - Review Articles Award with: "Laryngo-tracheal stenoses, Lisbon IPOFG experience", Journal of the Portuguese Society of Otolaryngology and CFS, December 1998, Vol 36, nº 4, p.265-. 276.
2000 – 1st PRYZE - Best Rhinology paper: "Cefuroxime penetration in sinus mucosa chronically inflamed."
2001 – 1st PRYZE - Best Video: Endoscopic decompression of the optic nerve in post-traumatic blindness.
Chapters in Books
- Paço J, Haider H. Eardrum disorders. In: Paço J. Doenças do tímpano. 1st ed. Lidel, 2003, 10-35.
- Paço J, Haider H, Caçador M. Otorhinolaryngology. In: Ponce P, Oliveira J. Medical Therapy Manual 4. 1st ed. Lidel, 2006:110-122.
- Haider H, Branco G, Paço J. Epistaxis. In: Círculo Médico, ENT Emergency. 1st ed, 2009:97-130.
- Paço J, Haider H, Caçador M. Otorhinolaryngology. In: Ponce P. Medical Therapy Manual. 1st ed. Lidel, 2010: 59-70.
- Haider H, Paço J. Pharyngitis. In: Paço J. Pathology of the oral cavity, pharynx and larynx in clinical practice. 1st ed., Medical Circle, 2011: 208-235.
- Haider H, Paço J. Pharyngitis. In: Clinical Meetings - Hospital CUF Infante Santo. 1st ed., 2014: 143-157.
- Haider H, Branco G, Paço J. Epistaxis. In: Paço J. Manual de Urgências ORL. 2st ed., CírculoMédico, 2016: 97-130.
- Haider H. Tinnitus therapy in Ménière’s disease. In: Paço J. Learning to treat and live with Ménière’s disease. 1st ed, Indica, 2016: 193-208.
- Haider H, Oliveira V, Trigueiros N. Chronic subjective Tinnitus: diagnosis and treatment. In: Monteiro L, Subtil J. Audiologia, Som e Audição das bases à clínica. 1st ed., CírculoMédico, 2017: 185-196.
- Dinis B, Haider H, Gomes A. Rhinomanometry, Sinus CT-scan and Allergy Testing in the diagnostic assessment of chronic nasal obstruction. Rhinology, 1997; 35: 58-160
- Dinis PB, Haider H, Gomes A. How adenoidectomy Affects pediatric nasal airway resistence?. American Journal of Rhinology, 1999; 13:5:363-369.
- Dinis PB, Haider H. Septoplasty: long-term evaluation of results. American Journal of Rhinology, 2002; 23:85-90.
- Hall DA, Haider H, …, Cederroth CR. Towards a Global Consensus on Outcome Measures for Clinical Trials in Tinnitus: Report From the First International Meeting of the COMiT Initiative, November 14, 2014, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Trends in Amplification, 2015; 19:1–7.
- Hall DA, Szczepek AJ, Kennedy V, Haider H. Current reported outcome domains in studies of adults with a focus on the treatment of tinnitus: protocol for a systematic review. BMJ Open, 2015; 5:11 Haider H, Kennedy V, Hall DA.
- Dimensions of tinnitus-related complaints by patients and their significant others: protocol for a systematic review. BMJ Open, 2016; 6:10
- Hall DA, Haider H, …, Mazurek B. Systematic Review of outcome domains and instruments used in clinical trials of tinnitus tratments in adults. Trials, 2016; 17:1:270 (Published)
- Haider H, …, Cima RFF. Different Teams, Same Conclusions? A Systematic Review of Existing Clinical Guidelines for the Assessment and Treatment of Tinnitus in Adults. Frontiers in psychology, 2017; 8:206|
- Haider H,…, Paço J. Pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of Somatosensory tinnitus: a scoping review. Frontiers in neuroscience, 2017; 11:207.
- Watts EJ, Fackrell K, Smith S, Sheldrake J, Haider H, Hoare DJ. Why is Tinnitus a Problem? A Qualitative Analysis of Problems Reported by Tinnitus Patients. Journal of Hearin Science, 2017; 7:2.
- Haider HF, Flook M, Aparicio M, Ribeiro D, Antunes M, Szczepek AJ, Hoare DJ, Fialho G, Paço JC, Caria H. Biomarkers of presbycusis and tinnitus in a portuguese older population. Frontiers in aging neuroscience, 2017; 9:346.
- Hall DA, …, Haider H. A narrative synthesis of research evidence for tinnitus-related complaints as reported by patients and their significant others. Health and quality of life outcomes, 2018; 16:1:61.
- Haider HF, .., Paço J. Characteristics, psychological problems, quality of life, and tinnitus in a Portuguese Older Population. (Submmitted)
- Haider HF, Ribeiro D, …, Paço J. Audiological markers of tinnitus in an older Portuguese population. (Submmitted)
- Haider H, Hoare DJ,… Paço J, Sereda M. Evidence for tinnitus biomarkers: a systematic review. Progress in Brain Research (article in press)
- Hall DA, …, Haider H, …, Fackrell K. Developing Core Outcome Sets for early-phase clinical trials of sound-, psychology-, and pharmacology-based interventions to manage chronic subjective tinnitus in adults: the COMIT'ID study using a Delphi process and face-to-face meetings to establish consensus. Trends in Hearing, Volume 22: 1–16. 2018.
- Hall DA, Hibbert A, Smith H, Haider H, Londero A, Mazurek B, Fackrell K. One size does not fit all: developing common standards for outcomes in early-phase clinical trials of sound-, psychology-, and pharmacology-based interventions to manage chronic subjective tinnitus in adults. Trends in Hearing Volume 23: 1–16.
- Haider HF, Bojić T, Ribeiro SF, Paço J, Hall DA, Szczepek AJ. Pathophysiology of tinnitus: triggers and maintenance. Front. Neurosci. 12:866.
- Haider HF, …, Paço J, Borrego LM. (2019) Tinnitus, hearing loss and inflammatory processes in an older Portuguese population. International Journal of Audiology, J. Audiol. 1-10.
- F. F. Cima, B. Mazurek, H. Haider, …, D. J. Hoare, A multidisciplinary European guideline for tinnitus: diagnostics, assessment, and treatment. HNO.
- Cima RF, …, Haider H, et al. Tinnitus healthcare: a survey revealing extensive variation in opinion and practices across europe. BMJ open 10 (2020).